Tuesday, September 25, 2007

1 month left

Today is Sept 25th, which means only one more month until my due day. I almost want to cry with relief. I had the worst night of "sleep" ever last night. Please make is stop! Get out of my belly!

My sister is due to have her baby on Dec 9th-ish, but she's been having some problems. She went into the hospital on Saturday because she was bleeding, and having some cramping. My mom says she might be having pre-term labor, which is kind of scary because she's not that far along. It's very hard for babies born that early to survive, and there's a risk to the mother also. I hope everything is ok. She was going to the hospital again last night to get checked out again, and I haven't received any panicked phone calls, so that's good. My mom said she'd call me today to give me an update.

I'm grateful that my pregnancy has been uneventful. I just don't want to be pregnant past my due date. I hope this kid arrives on time! Or maybe a week or two early. That would be nice! But I suppose I should get used to things not happening as planned with a child.

1 comment:

Mama to Moons said...

Congrats. Your almost there. I hope all goes well for your sister. Here's a website that may help with concerns about early delivery for her.

http://www.meriter.com/living/preemie/survivalnew/survival.htm